Four-wheel drive (4WD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) vehicles have more complicated systems than other vehicles.
These complicated systems are no match for the family doctor for your car—Mike’s Full Service in Cleveland, GA at 706.348.1474. We are fully prepared to diagnose and tackle even the most complex details of your four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive jeep, truck or other vehicle.
We at Mike’s Full Service are specially trained to spot, fix, and prevent future problems quickly and efficiently. We’ve been successfully fixing and maintaining 4WDs and AWDs for years in Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Gainsville, Helen, Cleveland and the surrounding areas.
Here’s why your vehicle is special:
- AWD vehicles are designed to use all four wheels all the time by employing a front, rear and center differential to provide power to all four wheels at once.
- When a 4WD vehicle is in operation to work on all four wheels it sends a precise amount of torque (the force or ability to turn things) to prevent each wheel from slipping. The AWD vehicle works much in the same way.
- But when your AWD vehicle is in operation the precise four-wheel torque is continuous.
Most 4WD and AWD vehicles are built tough to handle our rugged North Georgia roads and ever-changing weather conditions. The drivetrain of a 4WD employs two differentials and a transfer case to provide the power to all four wheels. Therefore, in order to achieve the ability to allow the four wheels to work in unison, this complicated drive system receives power from your vehicle’s engine.
The intricacies and advantage of a 4WD or AWD vehicle:
- Weather conditions can change the torque because your vehicle’s traction changes.
- In this case the contact your tires have with the road will affect your torque and may cause slipping.
- 4WD/AWD’s intricate system offers better traction with less slipping.
Many auto technicians fail to understand and properly service these intricate systems. But not so for Mike’s Full Service in Cleveland, GA at 706.348.1474. Our experienced team will have your vehicle back on the road serviced more precisely and in less time.